We strive to provide investors with professionally-managed portfolios that meet or exceed their investment return and impact objectives. We have been in the vanguard of the cleantech/impact movement since our investment research into this area began in 2003. We launched the first cleantech private equity fund of funds in 2006, followed by several additional impact funds covering primaries, secondaries, infrastructure, co-investments and/or special situations. We have analyzed, researched and interviewed hundreds of managers and cleantech companies worldwide and the depth and breadth of our market knowledge and investment network is both extensive and unparalleled.
We also have authored white papers and impact reports with the aim of setting the standard of excellence in the industry.
- Corporate Efficiency (resource utilization, supply chain)
- Renewable Energy
- Construction / Built Environment
- Energy Management and Storage
- Recycling / Waste-to-Value
- Pollution Controls / Waste Reduction
- Sustainable Agriculture
typical investment criteria
- We favor growing companies with proven technology and seek to avoid technology and market adoption risk.
- Global with an emphasis on USA, Canada and Europe.
Box 1: 2030 Water Resources Group. Assumes no efficiency gains.
Box 2: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Urban Consumers, 2012.
Box 3: International Energy Agency, Energy and Climate Change World Energy Outlook Special Report 2015.