Associate / Infrastructure Investments
North Sky Capital is seeking a Boston-based deal Associate for Infrastructure Investments focused on investment diligence, execution and financial reporting. North Sky’s infrastructure team makes middle market equity investments in sustainable infrastructure including renewable power, fuels, storage, waste to value, water and energy efficiency.
As soon as practical, but no later than Summer 2023.
Salary plus annual bonus, participation in 401(k), health and supplemental benefits. Competitive for middle market private equity firms.
The Associate will be a key hire for our growing direct investment team, and will work closely with all Infrastructure team members, including participation in investment and management discussions.
The Associate’s duties will include:
- Financial and operating diligence on new deal opportunities and asset restructurings
- Financial modeling, reporting, and asset management of existing investments
- Industry research regarding target sectors
- Drafting of investment memoranda
- Travel for due diligence and asset management, as needed
- Preparing valuation models and quarterly portfolio updates for CFO and LPs
- Supporting North Sky investor relations team as needed for current fundraise
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience: investment banking or equity research in energy, sustainability, natural resources, M&A, technology, industrials or other relevant sector; project development, M&A or finance in a large IPP, utility or energy company; investment analysis for a buy-side energy investor
- Creative thinker who is comfortable in a small sub-team of 5 other professionals, in situations that require flexibility, and working independently without full time direct supervision
- Team player who will advance the interests of the firm and their colleagues at all times
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive 4-year college
- Computer skills commensurate with a candidate having the above experience
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About North Sky
North Sky Capital is a pioneer in impact investing in the United States. Now in its 23rd year, North Sky has deployed more than $1.2 billion across 125+ impact investments on behalf of its various impact funds. The firm’s flagship strategies support positive environmental and social impact while targeting market rate investment returns. North Sky has been an active impact investor since the beginning of the modern era of private markets impact investing in 2005-6. For more information, visit northskycapital.com.