Investment Analyst / Secondaries
North Sky Capital is seeking a Minneapolis-based Investment Analyst to join its Secondaries team. Candidates should have exceptional academic and work credentials and be highly motivated to deliver outstanding investment returns to our LPs.
As soon as practical, but no later than Summer 2023.
Salary plus annual bonus, participation in 401(k), health and supplemental benefits. Competitive for middle market private equity firms.
The Analyst will work closely with all members of the Secondaries team and participate in all aspects of the investment process. Duties will include:
- Assisting in analyzing, structuring, and executing new deal opportunities
- Performing deep-dive analysis on new industries and companies
- Developing financial models for new opportunities and existing investments
- Preparing investor presentations and communication materials for new and existing investors
- Drafting of investment memoranda
- Monitoring and reporting on current portfolio holdings and key investment drivers
- Preparing valuation models and quarterly portfolio reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, or related fields with a strong academic record (Undergraduate candidates must be graduating by Summer 2023)
- 0-2 years of experience in secondaries, private equity, investment banking, or business consulting
- Keen interest in private equity and impact investing
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced team setting
- Team player who will advance the interests of the firm and their colleagues at all times
- Creative thinker who is comfortable in a tight-knit team of professionals, in situations that require flexibility and working independently without full-time direct supervision
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About North Sky
North Sky Capital is a pioneer in impact investing in the United States. Now in its 23rd year, North Sky has deployed more than $1.2 billion across 125+ impact investments on behalf of its various impact funds. The firm’s flagship strategies support positive environmental and social impact while targeting market rate investment returns. North Sky has been an active impact investor since the beginning of the modern era of private markets impact investing in 2005-6. For more information, visit northskycapital.com.